Reykjavík: Historical Walking Tour with Lunch
- Learn about Iceland's history from its settlement to modern times
- Marvel at the beautiful Hallgrímskirkja Church
- Connect with a local storyteller
- Get your teeth into a traditional Icelandic lunch
Beginning at Hallgrímskirkja, a massive church with a striking rocket-shaped facade, your walking tour will take you to some of Reykjavík's main landmarks, including Alþingi Parliament House and Reykjavík City Hall. Hear about these famous landmarks as well as everyday life in Iceland through the ages.
Go deeper into Icelandic history and culture during a stop for traditional Icelandic lunch with your guide. Understand how the fight to survive despite the island's relative isolation and sometimes hostile climate continues to shape Icelandic culture today.
- Expert, English-speaking guide
- Coffee/tea and Icelandic dessert
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• Groups have a maximum number of 15 participants
• Please wear warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected
• Minimum number of participants is 6