Reykjavik Ice Cave and Snowmobile Tour on Langjokull Glacier
Pickup optionalPick-up from your hotel in Reykjavik between 7:15 AM and 7:45 AM (please note that the tour departs Reykjavik at 7:45 AM). Please be ready to leave from your hotel at 7:15 AM and wait for your pick-up in a place where you can be seen or you can see the bus coming. There are many places in the city where the bus will only be able to stop for a moment and the driver cannot exit the vehicle to look for you. Because of traffic limitations, for some Reykjavík city areas, you will have to make your way to the closest pick-up spot. Your hotel receptionist can help you find out which one that is. If you are staying in a private accommodation, please contact the local supplier to know. Pick-up is available from the cruise port. For this, please indicate which cruise port you will be arriving to.
- Enjoy the wonders of the glacier by snowmobile
- See Hraunfossar and Barnafoss waterfalls where Crystal clear water emerges from the volcanic rock lava field and falls down into Hvitá
- Walk on a glacier and marvel at its icy-blue hues
- Descend into the ice cave to witness the wonders of Iceland's second largest glacier from the inside.
From the glacier base camp at Jaki you will start your tour of the Langjökull Glacier Ice Cap. You will begin with putting on the necessary clothing and getting our helmets fitted, you will then listen to the safety briefing from our guide before you head out on your snowmobile tour. Then you will be ready to drive off across the glaciers vast snowy wonderland and marvel at the incredible surroundings. You will actually drive your snowmobiles to the famous ice cave! After riding the snowmobiles up the glacier you will walk down into the glacier. Your expert guide will take you on this fantastic journey to the icy netherworld deep within the glacier.
Until very recently what lies beneath the surface of Langjökull was a mystery. But sometimes bold ideas become a reality and this seemingly impossible feat of creating a 500-meter long ice cave was made possible through the combined efforts of the country's top engineers and geo-physicists. Inside the glacier, the temperature is usually around zero degrees Celsius or 32 Fahrenheit. After snowmobiling and exploring the Ice Cave you make your way back down to civilization, or to the small village of Húsafell.
- 1-hour guided ice cave tour with all necessary safety equipment
- Local guide on the bus
- In-bus audio guide in a choice of 10 languages
- Exhilarating snowmobile ride and crampons for walking into the ice cave
- All necessary equipment for snowmobiling (helmet, gloves, and snow-suit)
- Admission to the ice cave
- Approx. 30-45 minutes snowmobile ride on Langjokull glacier
- Headphones (it's recommended you bring your own as they will fit you better and it's better for the environment, however, they are available to purchase on board the vehicle if needed)
- Pick-up from your accommodation (unless you have chosen the tour option with hotel pick-up)
- Food and drinks
- People with back problems
Prepare for the activity
- Driver's license
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
• You will be sharing a snowmobile with someone, however, there is an extra cost if you would like to be a single rider
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off can be booked as an extra service, otherwise, you are advised to be at the Reykjavik Terminal 15 minutes before the tour departure time