Reykjavik: Food and Beer Walking Tour
- Visit Hallgrímskirkja, one of the most famous landmarks in Iceland
- Taste a variety of traditional Icelandic food
- Sample local craft beer
- See important sites like Alþingi Parliament House and the Harpa Concert Hall
Meet your guide at Hallgrímskirkja, an architecturally-stunning church that is one of the tallest buildings in Iceland. Follow your guide around the inside of the church before heading to the top of the bell tower for a beautiful panoramic view of the city. Visit the peaceful Einar Jónsson Sculpture Garden before making the first foodie stop.
Next up, is the artsy Skólavörðustígur Street where an abundance of art and design shops provide the best window shopping in Reykjavik. From there, catch views of the stunning Harpa Concert Hall and the National Theatre before making your next food stop. Walking around downtown Reykjavík, your guide will show you other important landmarks like the Alþingi Parliament House and Reykjavík City Hall while regaling you with stories of Icelandic history, culture, and people.
Throughout the tour you'll have the opportunity to sample Icelandic classics including lamb soup, fermented shark, fish jerky, smoked salmon, smoked lamb, fish stew, and an Icelandic hot dog.
- Nine tastings of traditional Icelandic food
- At least five tastings of Icelandic craft beer
- Local guide
- Entrance fees where applicable
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
• Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the tour starts
• Please inform us if a person in your group has any dietary constrictions or food allergies