Reykjavik: Eimverk Distillery Tour with Tasting
- Taste Iceland's first and only Whiskey Flóki, as well as Vor the premium pot distilled Gin and Víti the old style Icelandic Brennivín
- Learn about the short but admirable history of Icelandic spirit making and native botanical hand crafting
- Walk through the distillery and be inspired by the creation of premium spirits from 100% Icelandic barley
- Enjoy a cozy personal tasting session with other curious travelers
After you’ve learned a bit about the history of the distillery, it’s time for the tasting to start. As you go through the products, your guide will explain and reminisce everything from the initial thought process to the current state of development of Eimverk’s spirits.
When the first half of the tasting is over, head towards the distillery’s production facility. Learn about the steps of the process right from the beginning of the barley harvesting, to the delicious glass of liquor at the end. Take some photos of the fascinating production area, and then head back to the tasting room for the second half of the sampling. As you taste the spirits, listen to your guide share interesting stories and explanations about the drinks, and mingle with the other guests on the tour.
- Guided tour through the facility and tastings of Eimverk's products
- Hotel pickup
- Children under 18 years
Prepare for the activity
Directions to Eimverk Distillery: Lyngás 13, 210 Garðabær, Iceland. Eimverk Distillery on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/LDGLGuTKaV62 If you are taking a cab we recommend the Hreyfill Taxi App. Download the Hreyfill Taxi App here: http://www.hreyfill.is/en/download-taxi-hreyfill-app/ If you are taking the bus then you should take the nr. 1 bus from downtown Reykjavík to Ásgarður and then you need to walk for 8 minutes. Here are walking direction from the bus stop: https://goo.gl/maps/B3wcR7c9xo12Open in Google Maps ⟶