Perlan Museum and Golden Circle Afternoon
- Visit the Wonders of Iceland exhibition in Perlan
- Visit Kerið Volcanic Crater (until 31 August 2018)
- Marvel at the sights
Perlan, one of Reykjavík‘s most iconic buildings, stands upon the capital‘s highest hill. The 360° Viewing Deck is excellent, with picture panels and geological samples from around Reykjavík. At Perlan, you experience and learn to understand Wonders of Iceland. On the Golden Circle Afternoon Tour you will visit the most renowned natural pearls of the Southwest of Iceland in a single afternoon. In the Geysir geothermal area you'll get the chance to observe the boiling hot spring Strokkur spout steaming water up to 30 meters into the air every 8 minutes.
The iconic waterfall of Gullfoss, or Golden Falls, is only a 7 minute drive from Geysir – located in the glacial river Hvítá. Its elegant and majestic form is like no other, where the torrential river water plummets in two steps down into a 32 meters deep canyon. Þingvellir National Park is not only a site of geological wonder, located on the intersection of the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates, but also a place charged with history, as the site of the national parliament since 930.
- Entrance fees to the Wonders of Iceland exhibition in Perlan
- Entrance fees to Kerið Volcanic Crater
- Professional guide on the Golden Circle Afternoon Tour
- Meals and drinks
- Transfer to Perlan (a free one is available from Harpa Concert Hall)
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes