Beginner Horse Ride through Hafnarfjordur Countryside
Pickup optionalPick-up from hotels and guesthouses in the Reykjavík area at 11:30.
- Experience beautiful riding tracks through bushy hills and moss-covered lava fields unique to Iceland
- Enjoy a view of the breathtaking Bláfjöll Mountains on the horizon
- Take in the area's naturally stunning nature as your horse walks down the riding tracks
The total duration, including transfer time, is between 2 and 3 hours depending on conditions. Riders must be at least 8 years old. Children between the ages of 8 and 15 receive a 25% discount.
The locker room of the riding center is well equipped. All customers are provided with warm overalls, rain gear, riding boots, and helmets. The Íshestar staff takes pride in finding horses to suit individual needs as well as secure the safety of everyone participating.
Please note that you cannot take any backpacks, bags, or large cameras with you on the ride. There are safety boxes at the riding center where you may store your valuables.
- Helmets and rubber boots
- Appropriate riding gear
- English and Scandinavian languages-speaking tour guide (some guides speak German among other languages)
- Transportation to and from the riding center (optional)
Prepare for the activity
For your safety:
• People under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drugs are not permitted on the riding tours
• Due to possible damage to unborn children in case of an accident, pregnant women are not permitted on riding tours
• All clients must participate on the riding tour of their own free will and inform the tour guide of any conditions that might affect their ability to participate in the tour
Please note there is a weight limit of 110 kg/240 lbs for this tour.