Skippers Canyon Thrilling Jet Boat Ride & Scenic Transfers
- Experience the stunning scenery of Skippers Canyon
- Travel the infamous Skippers Canyon Road - where no rental car is insured!
- Jet through the narrowest canyons on the famous Shotover River
- Discover a land rich in gold mining history where getting into the canyon is half the adventure!
Meet your friendly driver in central Queenstown and head up into historic Skippers Canyon. Enjoy live on-board commentary from your knowledgeable driver and marvel at the stunning scenery. Journey through a land rich in gold mining history and breathtaking views via the infamous Skippers Canyon Road, hand-carved out of the vertical rock face over 120 years ago.
Upon arrival to the Shotover River, you will be provided with a life jacket and warm gloves. Feel your adrenaline surge as you power deep into Skippers Canyon through the narrowest canyons on the Shotover River. Highly skilled jet boat drivers maneuver the boat just inches from the sheer canyon walls. Your excitement levels will be sky high with speeds in excess of 80kph and a series of full 360° spins. After your ride, your driver will take you back to the jet boat base to view footage from your ride before the trip back to Queenstown through the breathtaking canyon!
- Return transport from central Queenstown
- Guided tour into Skippers Canyon
- Informative commentary from knowledgeable bus driver
- 30-minute jet boat ride on the upper Shotover River
- Spectacular scenery and photo opportunities
- Life jackets and spray jackets (gloves in winter)
- Meals and drinks
- Photo or video packages (available for purchase on the day)
Prepare for the activity
• It is recommended to use the toilet prior to departing Queenstown as there will not be an opportunity to do so on the tour
• Dress for the conditions on the day, wear warm clothing and bring a hat, sunglasses, camera, insect repellent and water
• Minimum age requirement is 3 years for children
• Tour is suitable for all ages as long as mobility is not a problem
• Please advise the local operator if you have any medical conditions, back problems or are pregnant