Queenstown: Tandem Hang Gliding Experience
- Experience the thrill of hang gliding from the highest take off point in Queenstown
- Fly with a hang gliding champion or a highly experienced pilot
- Admire picturesque views over Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu
- Take advantage of free transport from/back to Queenstown
- Enjoy the option to ask for the controls to fly a hang glider (conditions apply)
Learn more about hang gliding and have a chance at the hands-on experience to fly the glider yourself under the supervision of a highly experienced pilot (conditions permitting). Transfers from Queenstown are included to the Cornet Peak ski-field and trips depart throughout the day.
After a short drive up to the ski-field, you get partnered up with your pilot. He will do a safety brief as well as some practice with you before launching. Soon you and your pilot will be flying away, cruising through 700 m vertical and a distance of approximately 4 kms. Make sure you ask your pilot for the controls if you wish to have a go at flying a hang glider yourself.
After this incredible experience, the courtesy van will pick you up from the purpose-built landing site, which has got a cafe with hot food and drinks.
- Tandem hang gliding flight
- Free transport to/from Queenstown
- Inflight photos and videos (available for purchase after the flight)
- Pregnant women
- People with heart problems
- People over 264 lbs (120 kg)
Prepare for the activity
- Warm clothing
- Closed-toe shoes
• There are no age restrictions for this experience
• Minimum passenger weight is 20 kg, and the maximum passenger weight is 90 kg
• There is also a minimum height of 80 cm
• It is important for all customers to declare any of the following medical conditions upon check out. Please note this does not necessarily exclude a person from doing the activities: Pregnancy, Heart Condition, Recent Sprains or Muscular injuries, Panic/Anxiety Attacks, High/low Blood Pressure, Bone Disorders, Fragile Skin, Dislocations, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Prosthetics, Neurological Disorders, Disabilities, Physical Impairment, Motion Sickness
• Please bring warm long-sleeved clothes, long pants, and sturdy footwear