Queenstown: Shotover River and Kawarau River Jet Boat Ride
- Embark on a thrilling jet boat ride with 360-degree spins
- Speed across Lake Wakatipu and the Shotover and Kawarau rivers
- Benefit from a convenient departure point in the heart of Queenstown
- Enjoy a perfect all-weather activity with heated handrails and spray jackets provided
- Combine this tour with an optional wine tasting experience
Depart from the heart of Queenstown, and climb aboard the big yellow jet boat at the Main Town Pier. Hold on tight as you accelerate across the water and feel the exhilaration of a high-powered twin-engine boat that powers across Lake Wakatipu. Experience the twists and spins as you enter the Kawarau River and race past rocks and under bridges at speeds of up to 95 kilometers per hour.
Grip the heated handrails and experience 360° spins while you speed up the shallow channels of the Shotover River. After 45 kilometers of pure adrenaline, return to the pier and purchase photos and videos from your trip.
There is also the option to add on a half-day wine tour to this tour, giving you the chance to experience world-class Central Otago wine and food. You’ll be able to enjoy wine tasting and presentations at 3 wineries, including one larger well-known winery and two boutique wineries. Lunch is included with this option. If you would like to upgrade to the Jet Boat and Wine Tour with lunch please choose the appropriate option below.
- 1-hour jet boat ride
- Life jacket and spray jacket
- Safety briefing
- Upgrade to the jet boat and wine tour (if option selected)
- Pregnant women
Prepare for the activity
- Luggage or large bags
• Stay warm during the winter months with heated handrails
• You are welcome to bring your own camera or GoPro. Be sure to hold it tight
• There are no height restrictions
• The minimum age is 2 years old, but children must be able to fit into the smallest life jacket
• Dress for the weather conditions, and remember that you will be traveling at high speeds
• Bring sunglasses (or goggles in winter), sunscreen, and hats and gloves in the winter months
• Every jet boat ride is professionally photographed and filmed. You can view and purchase your footage on the day
• Pickup can be arranged from Frankton Marina and various lakefront hotels with prior arrangement (subject to availability)