Product ID: 46630
Mt Nicholas Farm Experience
Mt Nicholas Farm Experience Cruise across spectacular Lake Wakatipu on Spirit of Queenstown to Mt Nicholas, New Zealand's most historic, working High Country Station.
About this activity
Duration 4 hours
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Cruise further across Lake Wakatipu's crystal clear waters on a Spirit of Queenstown Scenic Cruise
- Follow the journey of Merino sheep in an interactive fun enviroment
- Learn about the history and see how the locals live
- Escape everyday life and visit an area that few tourists or locals have ever seen
- Exclusive look at an authentic shearing shed
- Unique insight into New Zealand's rural heritage
- Virtual shearing, skim stones and throw horseshoes
- Enjoy a freshly prepared Ploughman’s Lunch in the woolshed
Come and discover a truly authentic, family-run merino sheep farm that produces high quality wool for world-renowned Icebreaker clothing company. Departing from the centre of Queenstown, cruise across Lake Wakatipu on board Spirit of Queenstown to Mt Nicholas High Country Farm. Join the farm guide and follow the journey of merino wool in a fun, interactive environment - from mustering sheep with the sheep dog and meeting working animals used on the farm to learning about the history of wool and farming in New Zealand. Enjoy the peace and tranquility of this stunning area as you take in the panoramic views while enjoying traditional homemade baking with morning or afternoon tea.
- Scenic Cruise on the Spirit of Queenstown
- Woolshed experience tour at Mt Nicholas Station
When you get there
All cruises depart from Southern Discoveries, St Omers Wharf, 110 Beach Street, Queenstown. Check in is required 20 minute prior to departure time at Southern Discoveries information center.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
Non-slip shoes, warm jacket, sunscreen, camera and plenty of memory card space.
Product ID: 46630