Milford Sound & Big 5 Glaciers Scenic Flight from Queenstown
Pickup includedA complimentary pickup/drop-off service is available from centrally-located Queenstown accommodation. Please provide your accommodation details while booking, and you will be sent instructions with the specific pickup time.
- See fantastic aerial views of glaciers, waterfalls and the majestic Milford Sound
- Enjoy wonderful unobstructed views of the scenery from the 'high-wing' aircraft
- Capture a sunrise on a majestic array of glaciers and of the Southern Alps
- Beat the crowds and return to Queenstown in time for a full day of activities
Begin with complimentary pick-up around 7:15 AM from your central Queenstown accommodation. After check-in completion, your pilot will give a thorough pre-flight briefing on the route and scenic highlights likely to be encountered. Depart Queenstown airport at 8:00 AM, the flight path tracks north up the world famous Shotover Canyon, passing Lake Lochnagar to Mount Aspiring. New Zealand has 7 glaciers that span greater than 10 hectares, and Volta Glacier, the only one in the Southern Lakes, happens to reside on the northern side of Mount Aspiring.
Turn west toward Milford Sound to be mesmerized flying down glacier alley, the Olivine Ice Plateau, a unique glacial amphitheater. Further west toward Milford Sound, fly over Mount Tutoko and the Donne and Age Glaciers, before capturing the Fiord of Milford before the return flight back to Queenstown. Enjoy a complimentary return shuttle to your hotel to conclude your experience around 9:30 AM.
- Hotel pick-up & drop off from selected central Queenstown accommodation
- Full pre-flight briefing
- 1-hour scenic flight
- Full in-flight English commentary from your pilot
- Views of at least 5 Glaciers and Milford Sound
- Milford Sound landing or cruise
- Food or drinks
- People over 264 lbs (120 kg)
Prepare for the activity