Milford Sound & Mount Cook: 2-Day Tour from Queenstown
Pick-up serviceA complimentary pick-up service is available from selected Queenstown hotels. Please contact the Tour Operator 24 hours prior to scheduled departure to arrange a pick-up time.
- Embark on a breathtakingly scenic journey to Milford Sound
- Marvel at the world-famous fiord in all its glory with a cruise and lunch
- Discover the stunning scenery of Mount Cook National Park
- Admire New Zealand's highest mountain and rugged high country landscape
Once at the Milford Sound, you will board a luxury three-level cruise catamaran for your 1-hour and 45-minute scenic cruise. Explore the length of the fiord, seeing glacier-scarred rock walls, lush native forests and waterfalls tumbling down from high above. Soak in the spectacular views outside on the large decks or enjoy the comfortable interior booth seating. You will also be able to savor a tasty buffet lunch onboard, before the cruise concludes and you return to Queenstown by coach.
On day 2, take a day trip from Queenstown to Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park, home to New Zealand's highest mountain. You will travel north through the historic gold mining region of the rugged Kawarau River Gorge and past Cromwell. Cross the Lindis Pass and arrive at Omarama for morning tea (at your own expense), before continuing through the rugged high country landscape of the Mackenzie Basin to Mount Cook Village.
Here you can gaze up at the 3,754 meter-high mountain Aoraki/Mount Cook, an important landmark in Maori mythology. Enjoy the views from the iconic Hermitage Hotel over a delicious lunch (at own cost). Following the lunch break, you will depart Mount Cook Village and retrace your journey to Queenstown, returning in the early evening.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Experienced driver/guide
- Engaging live commentary in English
- Two full-day tours
- Transport by luxury coach
- Milford Sound 1-hour and 45-minute cruise with buffet lunch
- Free Wi-Fi onboard the coach
- Lunch at the Hermitage Hotel (Mount Cook day tour)
Prepare for the activity
• Both tours depart and return to Queenstown each day
• Accommodation is not included with this tour combo
• Milford Sound cruise includes buffet lunch, with Japanese Obento or Indian options available (contact the local operator after booking to swap for no extra cost)
• Stops along the Milford Road are dependent on weather and road conditions
• Always be prepared to enjoy some rainfall during your visit to Milford Sound, the landscape is especially dramatic during wet weather as rainfall creates dozens of temporary waterfalls that cascade down the cliff faces, some reaching a thousand meters in height
• Scenic flight upgrades available on both days for an additional cost, weather permitting and subject to availability (these can be arranged by your driver/guide on the day)
• Wear weather appropriate clothing and wear comfortable footwear on both days
• Bring a warm weather-proof jacket, snacks, and your camera