Puerto Varas: Full-Day Chiloe Island Tour
Pick-up includedThe service only start from centrally located hotels in Puerto Varas City. if your hotel is out of the pick up zone we will give you a meeting point.
- Take in panoramic views of the region from the viewpoints
- Enjoy typical food and local crafts
- Explore an island full of myths and legends
- Experience some of the monuments declared by UNESCO as world heritage
From there you will go to the town of Chacao, one of the oldest villages of the island which was founded in 1567. This town has a typical square which contains a curious and picturesque building of strong color. Whilst there you can also visit the church, which is one of more than 150 churches in Chiloé.
You will then progress to the city of Ancud where you will visit the Plaza de Armas, the church, the crafts market, the museum, the Gulf of Quitalmahue, Cerro Huaihuén, and Fort San Antonio. Later you will go to Castro, the capital of Chiloé Island. You will visit the local Church of Castro (which has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000), a handicrafts market, and the Mirador del Barrio Gamboa (where you can appreciate the famous "Palafitos"). You will then finish your tour visiting Dalcahue, which is famous for its craft fair on Sundays. It is here that locals bring varied handicrafts for marketing from the outer islands of the archipelagos.
- Hotel pickup and drop off from centrally located accommodation in Puerto Varas city
- Bilingual guide
- Food and drinks
- Entrances to the church
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags
• Please note that tickets to the Museum of Ancud are not included
• During the tour you will have time for lunch in a typical restaurant (at your own expense)