Torres del Paine: 6-Day Scenic W Trek
- Hike the majestic Paine Towers
- Explore the amazing colors and shades of Patagonia on the trail toward Los Cuernos
- Admire the sights of the French Valley
- Camp for 2 nights on the trek in tents already waiting for you
- Trek to the Grey Glacier viewpoint and take a ride in a catamaran
- Enjoy included meals
Day 1: Arrive in Puerto Natales or Punta Arenas Airport and take a regular bus transfer to Puerto Natales Bus Station. From there, take a taxi to the Garden Domes Lodge (not included). Savor a welcome dinner and drinks, following the W Trek briefing. Stay at Garden Domes Lodge in the main cabin room accommodation in a shared double or twin room. You can leave your main luggage with the local partner during the hike so you only need to carry your hiking clothes and equipment, as well as the sleeping bag and mat provided.
Day 2: Take a private transfer to Torres del Paine National Park, then trek to Base Torres (11.2 miles, 7-8 hours) with a tour guide and small group. After the hike, stay at Torre Central Lodge where you will sleep in a 6 to 8-bedroom dormitory accommodation. Note: the tour guide is only available during this day and you will be hiking on your own for the rest of the trip. Difficulty level for this day is high.
Day 3: On the 3rd day, hike alongside Lake Nordenskjold to Los Cuernos (The Horns) and Frances Area (9.1 miles, 6.5 hours). Camp out at Camping Frances or Camping Los Cuernos. The tent will already be installed and ready before your arrival at the camping spot.
Day 4: Trek through the French Valley to the British Lookout to Paine Grande (12.6 miles, 9 hours). Stay at Camping Paine Grande. As before, the tent will already be installed and ready before your arrival at the camping spot.
Day 5: Complete a round trip trek from Paine Grande to the Grey Glacier Area (13.7 miles, 7 hours). Then, take the catamaran across Lake Pehoe to reach your bus transfer back to Puerto Natales. Rest your weary legs in a shared double or twin room at Garden Domes or at ChileTour Guest House.
Day 6: Departure day. Take a taxi to the Puerto Natales Bus Station (not included), and take the regular bus transfer to Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales Airport, (included).
Please note: you will receive your bus ticket via email from the local partner. You must print the ticket to board the regular bus at the exit of both airports. The bus is easy to find, as both airports are very small. You will ride to Puerto Natales Bus Station and take a taxi to the meeting point at Garden Domes Lodge at your own expense.
- 2 nights stay in Puerto Natales at Garden Domes (solo travelers will share a room)
- 4 days trekking, with 1 night in a dormitory bed and 2 nights in campsites
- Trek briefing with welcome dinner and drinks
- Pizza night on your last night at Garden Domes
- Breakfast, boxed lunch, and dinner each day during the 4 days of trekking
- Private van transfer into the park
- Ferry ticket
- Regular bus transfer out of the park
- Trekking guide for day 2 to the base of Torres del Paine
- Day pack and trekking poles for the first day of trekking
- Free luggage storage at Garden Domes in Puerto Natales
- Sleeping bag and mat, which you will need to carry during the hike
- Tent at the camping sites
- Regular bus connections to/from airports and Puerto Natales Bus Station
- Transportation between Puerto Natales Bus Station and the Garden Domes Lodge
- Health/hospitalizations/travel Insurance (required)
- Park entrance, at around 21,000 CLP or 33.00 USD
- Guide on the remaining days of the hike
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
You will receive your bus ticket via email from the local operator. Print these tickets to board the regular bus at the exit of the airport. The airport is very small and there is only one line that goes to the Puerto Natales Bus Station. Get off the bus here and take a taxi (at your own expense) to Garden Domes Lodge: Huertos 106-b1, Interior Ruta 9, Puerto Natales, Natales Natales Magallanes CL, Natales, Región de Magallanes y de la Antártica Chilena, Chile. Your guide will meet you there.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• You will need to sign a waiver form to state responsibility for your own safety before the tour starts
• Taxi to/from Puerto Natales Bus Station and the Garden Domes Lodge costs approximately 5.00 USD per ride
• Transfers will be confirmed 2 weeks before the program starts
• Date of the tour cannot be changed once booked
• Taxes may be applied for Chilean residents
• No modifications allowed, even due to bad weather; hike continues even when windy or raining
• Summer can be very windy in Patagonia
• The difficulty level of the hike is hard and difficult
• Drones, smoking, lighting fires, hiking off trails, and swimming in the bodies of water are not permitted in Torres del Paine
• The tour takes place over a total if 6 days - one arrival day, then four days of hiking, and one departure day