Puerto Montt & Puerto Varas: City Tour Shore Excursion
- Marvel at the panoramic views of Tenglo Bay in Puerto Montt
- Visit the Sacred Heart of Jesus Church - a replica of a church in Bavaria
- Walk on the Llanquihue Lake promenade and admire views of the volcanoes
- Purchase handicrafts and local delicacies in the markets and shops
First, head to the Angelmó area in Puerto Montt, famous for its many handicraft shops, the Fishermen’s Cove, and the local market. From the market, move on to the German Settlers Monument, located in front of the main square and the cathedral. Find out more about the architectural heritage and mix of cultures in the region.
Next, continue along Llanquihue Lake until you arrive in the lovely town of Puerto Varas, also known as the City of Roses. Visit the Sacred Heart of Jesus Church - an exact replica of a baroque church in the Black Forest region of Germany. Explore the Old Neighborhood where the first Germans settled, then, go downtown along the coast of the lake. Walk on the Llanquihue Lake promenade, stop by the Aurora sculpture, and take in the breathtaking views of the Osorno and Calbuco Volcanoes.
Enjoy some time here to stroll through the charming streets, taste the local cake at various cafes, try the food at one of the many restaurants, take pictures, and shop for handicrafts. Finally, return to your cruise ship at the port in Puerto Montt where your memorable half-day excursion will end.
- Pickup and drop-off from cruise terminal pier
- Private Spanish, English, and Portuguese-speaking tour guide
- Food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Empresa Portuaria Puerto Montt, Angelmó 1673, Puerto Montt, Los Lagos, Chile. At the pier, you should get off the cruise as soon as possible. The meeting point is on the pier, next to your cruise ship. Your tour guide will be waiting for you holding a sign with your name.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Comfortable clothes
- Flash photography