Petrohué Falls, Puerto Montt & Puerto Varas Shore Excursion
- Soak up panoramic views of Llanquihue Lake and the snow-capped Osorno volcano
- Explore the oldest national park in Chile and admire the Petrohue River Falls
- Visit the Sacred Heart of Jesus Church in Puerto Varas, so-called City of Roses
- Wander thorough the seafood market and handicraft shops in the Angelmó area of Puerto Montt
- Enjoy convenient pickup and drop-off directly from your cruise ship
After meeting your guide, head to the Vicente Perez Rosales National Park that borders Llanquihue Lake. Admire the amazing landscape framed by the snowy peaks of volcanoes until you arrive in the Petrohué area on the shore of Todos Los Santos Lake. Once there, walk on the trails surrounded by an evergreen forest. Marvel at the majestic Osorno volcano and the spectacular turquoise color of the Petrohué River, which jumps among great masses of crystallized lava.
Next, replenish your energy with a typical lunch before continuing to the lovely city of Puerto Varas, also known as the City of Roses. See the main attractions of the city, and visit the Sacred Heart of Jesus Church. Admire the church's Baroque style, which is an exact replica of a church in the Black Forest in Germany, the original home of many of the area's settlers.
From Puerto Varas, make your way back to Puerto Montt. There, visit the German Settlers Monument, located in front of the main square and the cathedral, and enjoy the architectural heritage and the mix of cultures. Stop in the famous Angelmó area and discover its many handicraft shops, the Fishermen’s Cove, and the bustling local market where the fisherman bring their daily catches. At the end of the tour, return to the cruise terminal.
- Pickup and drop-off from cruise terminal pier
- Spanish, English, and Portuguese-speaking private tour guide
- Petrohué Falls entrance fee
- Extras at restaurant
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Pickup from Puerto Montt Port. At the pier, you should get off the cruise ship as soon as possible. The meeting point is on the pier, next to your cruise ship. The tour guide will be waiting for you holding a sign with your name.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Comfortable clothes
• The local tour guide will be waiting for you next to your ship with your name on a sign
• Please inform the local partner of any dietary restrictions by email
• This tour is subject to weather conditions