Madrid: 3-Hour Highlights Bike Tour
- Soak up the lively atmosphere as you peddle through different neighborhoods
- Hear interesting stories and anecdotes from your the guide
- Be informed about the best tapas bars and places to visit after the tour
- Stop at interesting places to take pictures
There will be various stops to take photos and take a break to have a drink. The guide frequently stops at places of interest and will tell you stories or anecdotes behind what you see. The guide will also share his personal experiences of his time living in Madrid.
Next, cycle into Parque del Oeste to see the Egypt Templo Debod. Here you can enjoy great views over the west side of Madrid and you might even be able to see the Sierra de Guadarrama mountain range in the distance. Continue on towards the oldest part of Madrid, Plaza de Oriente where you see the Royal Palace and the impressive statue of the Habsburg King Philip IV.
Peddle past San Nicolas Church and Plaza de la Villa in the direction of the Plaza Mayor. After that cross Plaza Santa Ana into the Las Letras neighborhood where you will find the Caixa Forum and Prado Museum. Finally, end the tour by exploring Retiro Park, a beautiful and well-maintained park in the center of the city which is a must-see for all visitors to Madrid. After the tour, be inspired to return to places you would like to visit again and to which tapas bars or restaurants you want to try out for a well-deserved bite to eat.
- 8-gear good quality city bicycle
- Helmet, baby carriers, and basket (available on request)
- Electric bike (for an additional fee)
- Meals or drinks
Prepare for the activity
• Please ask for availability for children younger than 13 years
• Meals are not included, but for groups, it is possible to make a stop for tapas
• This tour requires some experience with biking in the city