Kutna Hora UNESCO Site Tour with Bone Chapel from Prague
- Explore the historic buildings of the Kutna Hora
- Visit the macabre Bone Chapel
- See the splendors of the Italian Court
- Admire Bohemia's oldest Cistercian Monastery
- Learn about the Hussite Wars
Visit Kutná Hora's bone chapel, a true highlight of the day that draws visitors from all over the world, and discover how this gem of Bohemian history is home to much more than just piles of skulls and bones. Kutná Hora was the economic powerhouse of the Kingdom of Bohemia and played a crucial role in the Hussite Wars of the 15th century.
See the Sedlec Ossuary (Bone Chapel) and Saint Barbara's Church, then continue to Sankturin House, Bohemia's oldest Cistercian Monastery, the fabulous Italian Court, medieval Ruthardka Street, the Stone House, and the Plague Column.
Along the way, learn about the Hussite Wars Kutná Hora's heyday, when it competed with Prague both economically and culturally and became the favorite residence of several Bohemian kings. Find out how it got so rich and learn about the silver mining for the Prague Groschen – once the hard currency of Central Europe.
- Transportation by private bus
- Entrance to St. Barbara's Church and the Sedlec Ossuary
- Food and drinks
- Pickup and drop-off at accommodation
Prepare for the activity
The tour starts at the Old Town Square in front of the Czech tourism office and the Cartier store (on the corner of Pařížská and Dlouhá street). Look for the guides with red umbrellas and red t-shirts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please allow about 7 to 8 hours for this trip
• Ticket price includes all transport and entry into St. Barbara’s Church and the Sedlec Ossuary
• Please note that it is forbidden to take photos inside the Bone Church in Kutná Hora, Sedlec