Prague: Lidice Memorial and Glassworks Day Trip with Lunch
Pickup optionalPlease wait in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
- Learn about the tragic history of the village of Lidice - completely destroyed by the Nazis during World War II
- Meet amazingly skilled Czech glassmakers and watch their work step by step
- Enjoy an amazing and traditional Czech lunch in a cozy restaurant with Czech beer or wine
- Be surprised by the amazing natural wonders of Central Bohemia
In June 1942, Adolf Hitler ordered the destruction of Lidice as retribution against the alleged help provided by the village's people during the assassination of a high-ranking man in Nazi Germany: SS General Reinhard Heydrich, Imperial SD Commander and Deputy Reich Protector in the occupied Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia.
After your visit to the Lidice museum, the memorial, and the sculpture dedicated to the murdered children of Lidice, travel to the town of Kladno. Once there, a food-tasting lunch is ready for you at a famous local restaurant with a very long history. Taste local specialties and a famous Czech main dish, as well as Czech beer or wine and non-alcoholic drinks.
After lunch, travel for about 30 minutes to one of the most famous Czech glassworks, established in 1846. This glass factory is unique for its production of pink and black crystal glass, and its products can also be found in the Buckingham Palace of the British Queen. Tour the factory from start to finish, with the opportunity to admire famous Czech glassblowers and glass grinders using skills which have been passed down for many generations.
Following the excursion there is the possibility to visit the factory shop located in the factory, where you can buy crystal glass products at discounted outlet prices. At the conclusion of your experience, your expected return to Prague is at around 4:00PM.
- English-speaking guide
- Admission fee to the Lidice Memorial
- Admission to the glassworks excursion
- Food tasting lunch with beer/wine or non-alcoholic beverages
- Soft drinks during the journey
- WiFi on board
- Extra drinks ordered during lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Bistro "Hezky česky" is located just 5 minutes from Náměstí Míru. The easiest way how to get there is go with metro A (green line) or tram no 4, 10, 16, or 22. From the square travel to Anglická 21, close to Costa Coffee. Please arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts. If you see that you can't make it on time, please call +420 601 523 957.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable clothes
• This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
• Vegan meals are unfortunately unable to be accommodated at the traditional restaurant
• Trip and tour stops and places for tastings are liable to change slightly to reflect the season, vendorsʼ opening hours, and availability (the full volume of each trip and tour will always be kept)