Prague: Jewish Quarter Premium Tour
- Go to 4 former active synagogues in the heart of Prague
- Learn the history of the Czech Jews in the Holocaust
- Visit the Ceremonial Hall of the Prague Burial Society at the Chevrah Kaddisha building
- Discover the dense layers of graves at the Old Jewish Cemetery
- Admire the exterior of the Old-New Synagogue
Meet your guide in the city center, and walk to the 13th-century Old-New Synagogue. Admire the exterior of the still-active synagogue, said to be Europe’s oldest north of the Alps. Then, go to the Pinkas Synagogue to discover a hallowed museum dedicated to the Czech victims of the Holocaust. See a heart-wrenching exhibition of drawings by the children of the Terezin Ghetto.
Next, go the Klausen Synagogue to see its permanent collection regarding the Maharal of Prague, along with exhibits relating to everyday Jewish life and rituals. Discover an extensive collection of Judaica at the Maisel Synagogue, and end at the newly restored Moorish-inspired Spanish Synagogue.
During the tour, you will also visit the Ceremonial Hall of the Prague Burial Society at the Chevrah Kaddisha building, and see the Old Jewish Cemetery to find densely packed layers of graves, sometimes up to 12 levels deep.
- Admission to Pinkas Synagogue, Klausen Synagogue, Maisel Synagogue, and the Spanish Synagogue
- Admission to the Old-New Synagogue
Prepare for the activity
The Franz Kafka Memorial Statue at the Spanish Synagogue. Found at: https://goo.gl/maps/ju7BddK7SCLC3C5o9 Vězeňská 1, 110 00 Staré Město. You may use the nearby cafe PastaCaffe if you wish to wait in there, or use their bathrooms.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that tours do not operate on Saturdays as the Jewish Museum is closed