1-Hour Snorkeling Tour in Paraggi Bay, Portofino
- Irresistible crystalline clear blue waters to dive in
- Gorgeous seabed extremely rich in flora and fauna
- Incredible variety of species in the different habitats if the bay
- Swim above one of the most extended posidonia meadows in the area
- Safe area since the bay is forbidden to boat traffic and completely safe for swimming
- Snorkeling equipment supplied, all sizes available
Your guide will lead you underwater searching for hidden treasures in Portofino’s Marine Protected Area. During the first part of the excursion inside Niasca’s bay, you will swim above one of the most extended posidonia meadows in the area, which together with the near cliff, hosts many species, such as tube-worms, starfish, pinna nobilis, posidonia, sponges and mollusks.
Then you will head to the second part of the journey, swimming towards Portofino, amidst a cross section of fish species, such as sea breams, gilt-head bream, sea bass, moray eel, damsel and many more. Crossing the bay, you’ll swim above different habitats, such as posidonia meadow and sandy seabed, housing many different species.
- Professional local guide
- Snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, and wet suit)
When you get there
Please arrive at Via Duca degli Abruzzi 62, località Niasca, Portofino at least 15 min before the start of the tour. The beach of Niasca is located in the bay of Paraggi between Santa Margherita Ligure and Portofino. By train: The train station of Santa Margherita Ligure/Portofino is reachable from Milan (2.5 hours), from Genoa (45 minutes), from Pisa (2 hours). You may then continue walking following a beautiful boardwalk on the sea, or reach the location by bus (Number 82 departing from the train station) or taxi. Bus tickets can be bought in newspaper stands, tabacco stores (€ 1,50 approx.) or on board (more expensive). By car: Highway A12 (Genova – Rosignano), exit in Rapallo, continue towards Santa Margherita Ligure/Portofino. Please note that access can be challenging during peak season and allow yourself enough time to reach the meeting point on time. Train+bus is the best available alternative, as cars and parking are limited.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that minimum numbers of 2 apply and that there is a maximum of 15 people per booking.
• There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In such an event, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, or in case there are not enough passengers to meet requirements (minimum number per tour), you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund