Portimão & Carvoeiro: Algarve Heritage Tour in VW T2 Van
Pickup includedPickup from your accommodation in Carvoeiro, Ferragudo or Lagoa.
- Enjoy the rich and historical heritage of the Algarve
- Visit unique places and learn about the people, traditions, and lifestyle
- Experience a joyful and informative trip like no other in a VW classic van
On a private tour with just your group or as part of a public tour open to others, begin by walking through the old streets of the old fishing village of Ferragudo. Absorb the architecture of this 500-year-old town before heading towards one of two lighthouses: Alfanzina, or Ponta do Altar where you will have a guided visit to the top of the lighthouse.
Next, proceed to the Silves Municipal Archaeological Museum, built over an 18-meter deep, 4-meter wide well that dates from the Almohad establishment of the city in the 11th century.
Lastly, take a small hike to the Castle of Silves, one of the most visited monuments of the Algarve.
- Trip in a classic Volkswagen van
- Pickup and drop-off
- Visit 4 historical/archaeological sites
- Experienced guide
- Road trip playlist
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Comfortable clothes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• Please check the weather forecast and dress accordingly