Hobart: Port Arthur and Lavender Farm Tour
Pickup includedPickup is available from central Hobart hotels and backpacker hostels (not AirBnbs). Please ensure this has been organised at the time of booking or well in advance of your tour departure with the operator. See the Voucher Information section for more details.
- Visit the Port Arthur Historic Site
- Explore the Port Arthur Lavender Farm
- Photograph spectacular views from the Waterfall Bay Cliff-Top Walk
- See some of the Tasman National Park highlights
- Sample the local chocolates made at Federation Chocolate Factory and visit the historic Richmond Village
Passing through Eaglehawk Neck and “The Dogline”, your guide will share with you some truly amazing history and stories of the area. You will then begin one of Tasmania’s “great short walks”, following a spectacular track of around 2 kilometers along the Waterfall Bay cliff top. From there you will be dropped off for a short visit to the Port Arthur Lavender Farm, where you will enjoy a self-guided wander around the Lavender grounds and can enjoy free samples of the local handmade lavender chocolates and lavender fudge.
You will then enter the Port Arthur Historic Site, where you will find a wealth of information and history which you can discover throughout your 3 hours on site. Your entry includes a complimentary harbor cruise around the Isle of the Dead, as well as a guided walking tour with one of the site’s expert guides.
On your return to Hobart, you will make a stop at the Federation Chocolate Factory, a small family-run boutique chocolate shop with a variety of chocolate flavors to sample. Moving along, you will arrive to the historic Richmond Village in the late afternoon. There you can meander the streets, stop for a coffee, visit the Lolly Shop, and walk across Australia’s oldest bridge which is still in use: a convict-built sand-stone bridge (which is reportedly haunted). Finally, before you re-enter Hobart, you will stop for a fabulous view across the city from a local lookout, a picturesque way to return to the city. You will then be dropped off back to your Hobart City accommodation at around 6:00PM.
- Port Arthur Historic Site entrance fee
- Guided walking tour of the Port Arthur Historic Site
- Port Arthur Harbor Cruise
- Chocolate and Fudge samples at Port Arthur Lavender
- Professional guides and interpretation
- Small, friendly groups
- Pickup from most central hotels
- Airport drop off (upon request with prior arrangement)
- Food and drinks (you may bring your lunch with you, or there is plenty of opportunity to purchase food and drinks from the Port Arthur Historic Site)
- Air BnB accommodation or private residence pickup
- Children under 8 years
Prepare for the activity
If pickup arrangements are not organized with the tour operator, please make your way to the general pickup location at the Tasmanian Travel & Information Center, 20 Davey Street, Hobart at 7:25 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• This is an outdoor activity, please dress appropriately for the weather conditions
• Airport drop off will take place around 5:00PM–5:30PM (available only with arrangement at time of booking)
• There is no maximum age for this tour, provided all participants have a sense of adventure and reasonable level of fitness and mobility
• Please bring sensible shoes for walking, a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing, a hat, sunscreen, a large water bottle, and snacks/lunch (also able to be purchased on the day)