From Hobart: Port Arthur and Tasmanian Devil Unzoo Day Tour
Pickup includedPickup is available from central Hobart hotels and backpacker hostels (not AirBnbs). Please ensure this has been organised at the time of booking or well in advance of your tour departure with the operator. See the Voucher Information section for more details.
- Explore Port Arthur Historic Site, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed convict settlement
- Experience the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo and hand feed the wallabies
- See the Tasman National Park highlights of Tasman Arch and Devil's Kitchen
- Sample local chocolates made at Federation Artisan Chocolate
- Wander the streets of historic Richmond Village
Passing through the isthmus of Eaglehawk Neck and the “dog line,” your tour guides will share with you the fascinating history and stories of the area.
Next, begin one of Tasmania’s “Great Short Walks.” Follow a 2-km track along the Waterfall Bay cliff top. This undulating walk takes around 45–60 minutes and is categorized as an easy walk. The track concludes at the remarkable rock formations of Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen.
The next stop is the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo. Check out the action of a Tasmanian devil feeding — watch the snarling, fighting, and bone crushing in a spectacle of devilish behavior. Hand feed the wallabies and walk among the local fauna and flora in the charming “unzoo” setting.
Continuing your journey, arrive at the Port Arthur Historic Site. Spend 2.5 hours exploring this former convict settlement, taking in the wealth of information and history of the early Australian penal system. Your entry includes a harbor cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a guided walking tour.
Before returning to Hobart, stop at Federation Artisan Chocolate, a boutique, family-run chocolate factory, with a variety of flavors to sample. In the late afternoon, arrive in historic Richmond Village. Meander the streets, stop for a coffee, and walk across Australia’s oldest bridge still in use today.
Finally, check out a fabulous view of Hobart from a local lookout — a picturesque way to return to the city. You’ll be dropped off at your Hobart accommodation around 6:00 PM.
- Central Hobart hotel and hostel pickup and drop-off
- Tasmanian Devil Unzoo entrance fee
- Port Arthur Historic Site entrance fee and guided walking tour
- Port Arthur harbor cruise
- Chocolate tasting
- Professional guides and interpretation
- Small-group tour
- Airport drop-off on request with prior arrangement
- Food and drinks
- Children under 8 years
Prepare for the activity
If pickup arrangements are not organized with the tour operator, please make your way to the general pickup location at the Tasmanian Travel & Information Center, 20 Davey Street, Hobart at 7:25 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Rain gear
• This is an outdoor activity. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions
• Please bring your own lunch or you can buy it on the day
• A minimum number of guests is required