Playa del Carmen Food Tour
- Dine like a local in Playa del Carmen, Mexico on this all-inclusive foodie tour
- Taste traditional tacos on warm tortillas
- Eat the "original BBQ", barbacoa
- Savor pozole, a traditional Mexican stew
- Learn about Mexican ingredients and visit a local mercado (open-air market)
- Feast on traditional Yucatecan dishes, refresh with aqua frescas, and much more!
On our food tour you will indulge on authentic Mexican food and regional dishes of the Yucatan. Your local foodie expert will guide you to small, out-of-the-way eateries and locales, away from the tourist mainstays and the tourist path of 5th Avenue. Leave everything in the hands of your passionate, highly knowledgeable guide, including transportation, menu selection, and even paying the bills. All you have to do is savor the food and take a photo or two to remember your culinary journey.
The general itinerary includes stops at local food stalls/ stands and restaurants. Begin your tour with the regional cuisine of the Yucatan by trying one of the best tacos you will ever have. Next, discover where “real BBQ” comes from while refreshing with Mexican cola.
In addition to the local food stalls and restaurants you will visit, you will also get a chance to see the local Mexican open-air market. Learn about some of the ingredients you eat and how they are used. Stop at a Pozoleria and try a traditional Mexican stew. And you simply cannot end your tour without dessert, so take your chance to cool off and try Mexican ice cream.
You will be guided along the streets of Playa del Carmen that serve some of the best local food. Some walking is involved so bring comfortable shoes. Also, be sure to come prepared to eat, even though these are tastings you will leave quite full!
- All food and drinks (tastings at 5 locations)
- Transportation (some taxi transportation is required)
- Optional gratuities
Prepare for the activity
Meeting location is at the entrance of the white church (Capilla de Nta Señora del Carmen) near the bus station on 5th Avenue and Benito Juarez. Address: Calle Quinta Avenida 5 A, Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes