From Phi Phi: Sunset and Bioluminescent Plankton Boat Tour
- Experience the beautiful sunset over the Phi Phi archipelago
- Marvel at the glow of bioluminescent plankton as you swim with them
- Discover the crab-eating macaques on Monkey Island
- Encounter diverse marine life as you snorkel in Loh Samah Bay
- Admire the scenic views at Pi Leh Lagoon and throughout your tour
Make your way to the meeting point in front of McDonald's in Tonsai Bay at 1:30 PM. Once you have boarded your boat, depart for Monkey Beach, one of Koh Phi Phi's most interesting beaches inhabited only by monkeys. Encounter the macaques on the island, which are also known as crab-eating macaques as they are often seen foraging for crabs.
Next, sail to discover the mysteries of the Viking Cave, famous for the seemingly prehistoric painting of a Viking boat on its wall. The cave was once used for the extraction of birds' nests, prized ingredients in Chinese culture for making medicinal soups believed to help with longevity.
Continue your tour to Pi Leh Lagoon, and marvel at the azure/turquoise waters in this beautiful enclosed lagoon encircled by towering limestone cliffs. See certain spots glow from beneath the water, and take advantage of this fantastic photo opportunity.
After Pi Leh Lagoon, head to Loh Samah Bay to snorkel with diverse marine life on a coral reef. Admire this wonderful paradise, which provides an alternative to the world-famous Maya Bay from the film “The Beach” due to its proximity. Maya Bay is closed for another 2 years to allow recovery from over-tourism but is separated from Loh Samah Bay by only one limestone mountain.
Finally, enjoy a spectacular sunset with views of the Phi Phi archipelago before swimming with bioluminescent plankton at night. Delight in the glow of the plankton as they are touched in the water, making it look like you are swimming with stars in the night sky. The tour concludes with a transfer back to the port at around 7:30 PM.
- Longtail boat
- Fried rice
- Life jacket
- Mask and snorkel
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National park fees are not included in the package - Please select the add-on at check-out to include
- Pregnant women
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is in front of the McDonald's in Tonsai Bay. Please let the tour operator know your hotel name once they send you a confirmation email. They may need to call your hotel in the event of an emergency or if they cannot contact you via email or mobile.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Please be aware that the national park fee is a requirement
• This tour is not recommended for pregnant women
• Please note that the operator will confirm the details of the tour or any changes due to bad weather conditions via email
• Bioluminescent plankton visibility may also be affected by weather and tide conditions