Rottnest Island Ferry & Bike Trip from Perth or Fremantle
Pickup optionalCourtesy coach transfers can be arranged from the following selected hotels subject to availability at time of booking: • Great Southern Hotel 7:15 AM • Ibis Hotel 7:30 AM • Hilton Hotel (Parmelia) 7:35 AM • Crown Metropol 7:55 AM • Mantra on Hay 8:05 AM • Crowne Plaza Hotel 8:06 AM • Hyatt Hotel 8:07 AM • Pan Pacific Hotel 8:15 AM • Travelodge Hotel 8:19 AM • Mercure Hotel 8:20 AM If you are not staying near any of these locations please contact the local supplier for the nearest pick-up location and time.
- Visit Rottnest Island at your leisure with roundtrip ferry transfers from Perth or Fremantle
- Experience Rottnest Island with the freedom of cycling
- Enjoy a relaxing day exploring the peaceful beaches and clear waters of the island
When booking, select your ferry departure location, either Perth or Fremantle. Depart from Perth at 8:30 am and enjoy a scenic 1-hour ferry ride with live commentary along the Swan River to Fremantle before heading to the island. Alternatively, join the ferry at Fremantle for just the 25-minute ride to Rottnest Island. When you arrive at Rottnest Island, explore independently as you cycle from the jetty. You’ll see the breathtaking views going past secluded bays and beaches. Feel the breeze in your hair as you cycle around the 11km long by 4km wide island.
Visit the bays on the south to avoid the easterly winds and make your way to the Basin, Parakeet Bay and Little Armstrong Bay on the south west in the afternoon. It takes approximately 3.5 hours to ride around the island and there is no drinking water or food available outside the Thomson Bay and Geordie Bay settlement areas so pack up your supplies – water, lunch, sun cream, swimsuit, towel and camera, and off you go on a journey to paradise! Return ferry from Rottnest departs at 4:25 pm and stops at B Shed Fremantle and continues to Barrack Street Perth.
- Pick-up available from selected Perth hotels by arrangement
- Roundtrip ferry transfers to Rottnest Island from Perth or Fremantle
- Swan River cruise with commentary (from Perth only)
- Bike rental and helmet
- Island admission fees
- Hotel drop-off
- Meals and drinks
Prepare for the activity
• Ferry tickets valid for same-day return from a selected departure point
• Complimentary pick-up and drop off is available from selected Perth hotels, subject to availability, and must be pre-booked via phone
• Bikes with baby seats can be requested, subject to availability
• Hire a snorkel set for an additional $20, payable on the day
• Children's bikes are suitable for children between the ages 4 -7, children aged 7 or older can usually use adult-sized bikes comfortably