Rottnest Island Day Trip by Ferry & Adventure Boat Tour
Pickup optionalCourtesy coach transfers can be arranged from the following selected hotels subject to availability at time of booking: • Great Southern Hotel 7:15 AM • Ibis Hotel 7:30 AM • Hilton Hotel (Parmelia) 7:35 AM • Crown Metropol 7:55 AM • Mantra on Hay 8:05 AM • Crowne Plaza Hotel 8:06 AM • Hyatt Hotel 8:07 AM • Pan Pacific Hotel 8:15 AM • Travelodge Hotel 8:19 AM • Mercure Hotel 8:20 AM If you are not staying near any of these locations please contact the local supplier for the nearest pick-up location and time.
- Combine adventure and exploration on a Rottnest Island day trip from Perth or Fremantle
- Enjoy same-day roundtrip ferry transfers plus a 90-minute adventure boat tour
- See humpback whales, seals, dolphins, and giant ospreys throughout the year
When booking, select your ferry departure location, either Perth or Fremantle. From Perth, you’ll enjoy a scenic 1-hour cruise with live commentary along the Swan River to Fremantle before heading to the island. Alternatively, join the ferry at Fremantle for just the 25-minute ride to Rottnest Island. Then embark on a 1.5-hour wildlife thrill ride aboard a purpose-built, high-powered vessel for the adventure of a lifetime.
This is the ultimate natural Rottnest adventure, with adaptive real-time commentary. Your guides are motivated and passionate about the island and feel privileged to be able to showcase this side of Rottnest. Your tour will take you on a complete circumnavigation of Rottnest Island, weather permitting. The experience will be an unforgettable, entertaining, and informative one. The waters off Rottnest Island are teeming with wildlife, including majestic humpback whales who visit the area from September-November. Watch the delightful antics of the New Zealand fur seal colony out at Cathedral Rocks.
After your tour, you have free time on the island to explore independently. You could perhaps rent a bike (at your own cost) or go swimming off one of the white-sand beaches before catching the return ferry back to Perth or Fremantle.
- English-speaking guide
- Rottnest Island admission fee
- Pick-up available from selected Perth and Fremantle hotels by arrangement (book at least 24 hours in advance and confirm with the local tour operator)
- Return ferry transfers to Rottnest Island
- Swan River Cruise with commentary (from Perth only)
- Guided introduction walking tour
- 90-minute Rottnest adventure boat tour
- Hotel drop off
- Meals and drinks
- Additional activities
Prepare for the activity
• Minimum age for children is 4 years old
• Ferry tickets valid for same-day return from selected departure point
• Complimentary pick-up and drop off is available from selected Perth and Fremantle hotels, subject to availability, and must be pre-booked via phone
• Please note that pick-up must be booked at least 24 hours prior to your tour and be confirmed directly with the local tour operator. Last-minute requests cannot always be accommodated, so please book your pick-up in advance to avoid disappointment
• Adventure Boat is only available between late September and May and is weather dependent
• Adventure boat not suitable for expectant mothers, passengers with a pre-existing back injury or passengers confined to a wheelchair