Penguin Island Ferry and Discovery Centre Tickets
- Enjoy swimming and snorkeling in the clear waters of Shoalwater Bay
- Explore the nature trails and take in spectacular views of the marine park
- See the little penguins being fed at the Discovery Centre
On this 2.5-hour activity, use your ferry ticket to travel to the island. The ferry will drop you onto Penguin Island where you are free to explore at your own leisure.
Visit the Discovery Centre to see the 20-minute penguin feeding. If you have more time you can explore the island at your leisure: it's best to allow a minimum of 2 hours. Swim, snorkel (bring your own equipment) and enjoy a picnic. See nesting pelicans and other seabirds up close, especially in September and October when chicks are hatching. Use binoculars at the lookouts to spot dolphins and whales from September to December.
Catch any return ferry from the same jetty you get off, they are 10 minutes past each hour and the last ferry is at 4 PM.
- Round-trip ferry ticket
- Discovery Centre entry fee for penguin feeding
Prepare for the activity
• Penguin feeding lasts approximately 20 minutes
• Penguin Island is a nature reserve so there are no shops or cafés. There is an excellent picnic area and you are welcome to bring your own food and drinks. Pengos Café (on the mainland) is open daily for breakfast, lunch and coffee (dine in and take away)
• Coolers, picnic baskets, surfboards, fishing gear, and snorkeling and dive gear are welcome on the ferry
• Bring comfortable shoes or thongs, a swimsuit and towels. A warm weatherproof jacket is recommended even in the summer