From Pemberton: Half-Day Beach and Forest Eco Adventure
- Explore the old growth karri forest of Warren National Park
- See the amazing landlocked Yeagarup Dune system
- Visit Dead Man's Lake in the D'Entrecasteaux National Park
- Fly a kite or go for a swim on the beaches of the Great Southern Ocean
- Enjoy a picnic lunch in the great outdoors
- Explore areas inaccessible to other vehicles in a modified 4WD bus
- Learn about pioneer settlers and the original Aborigine inhabitants
Traveling by modified 4WD Toyota Landcruiser, you will see farmland vistas, old growth giant karri forest and thick bush trails. Look out for kangaroos, snakes, emus and forest red-tailed black cockatoo. Learn the Aborigine history of the region, hear of pioneer settlers, and experience early horse-drawn trails from the comfort of your vehicle.
On entering the D'Entrecasteaux National Park, stretch your legs on the banks of Dead Man’s Lake. Glimpse the start of the largest landlocked sand dune system in the Southern Hemisphere, and ascend the dunes to experience the mesmerizing Yeagarup sand dune system.
Help record the movement of the dunes, via a series of photo locations, mapped out with the support of the local Conservation and Land Management.
Then, travel to the coast to see wildflowers in season. On reaching the Great Southern Ocean, fly a kite or go for a stroll. Endangered hooded plover and fairy tern nest in the area, and data collected during your tour helps further understand the bird behaviour.
On returning to the lake, enjoy lunch or afternoon tea in the peaceful bush setting, before your return to civilization.
- Picnic lunch or afternoon tea
- National Park fees
- Hotel transfers
Prepare for the activity
Pemberton Discovery Centre, near Pemberton Mill and opposite the YHA. Ample parking is available in nearby carbays. Open daily from 10:00, it is the home of Pemberton Discovery ToursOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Hiking shoes
• Please bring a water bottle, camera and appropriate clothes for the weather
• Swimming is an option in the summer