Paris: Direct Access Eiffel Tower Tour with Optional Summit
- Make the most out of your trip to Paris with direct access to the 2nd floor of the Eiffel Tower
- Learn the history of Paris in your small group of 25 people or less
- Start the tour at Trocadero Plaza for perfect photo opportunities
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
Start your small group tour from the manicured gardens of Trocadero Plaza; by far the best vantage point from which to photograph the Eiffel Tower.Follow your guide across the Iena Bridge to the base of the Eiffel Tower, listening all the while to the fascinating story of the Eiffel Tower's architecture and history.
Cruise past the ticket lines, and head up to the 2nd floor with your guide. Hear how the Eiffel Tower was nearly demolished in 1909, learn the interesting tale of the man behind the Eiffel Tower, Gustave Eiffel, and more.
Your guide will accompany you to the dedicated observation deck on the second level, from where they’ll point out the marvels that lay at your feet, while enjoying your guide's insightful and entertaining commentary.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Guided commentary from the meeting point to the 2nd floor observation deck
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
In front of the main entrance to the Architecture Museum at the Palais de Chaillot, 1 Place du Trocadero et du 11 novembre, 75016 Paris. The building is at the junction of the Place du Trocadero and the Avenue du President Wilson, the entrance faces the road side. A representative will be wearing a blue and holding a sign. Arriving by metro: Take lines 9 or 6 and get off at the metro stop Trocadero. Follow the exit number 1 to the Eiffel Tower. As you exit the metro, you will see the Palais. Arriving by taxi: Ask your driver to take you to the Trocadero and then ask to be dropped in front of the entrance of Palais de Chaillot. Arriving by foot: The Palais de Chaillot is the large building on the Place du Trocadero. The Architecture Museum is in the building on the left. The building faces the road and the main entrance is on the road side. Please exchange your voucher at the meeting point. Do not go to the Eiffel Tower to collect your ticket. Late arrivals will be considered no-shows.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Baby strollers
• Note that the tower can be slippery when wet, so please wear appropriate shoes.
• Unfortunately this tour can not accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. This tour is also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages.
• Even with direct access, you may have to wait in lines for security and for the elevators. In high season, total wait to access the 2nd floor can be up to 25 minutes.
• Summit ticket holders will have to wait in line on the 2nd floor to access the summit's elevators. In high season, this wait can be up to an additional 20 minutes.