Skip the Line: New Paris Free Tour
- Skip the long waiting lines to join this popular tour by booking online
- Soak up the fragrant scents of the Tuileries Gardens
- Honor the French Republic at the Arc de Triomphe and Napoleon's Tomb
- Walk through the bohemian Latin Quarter
- Stroll along the banks of the River Seine, passing the ornate Pont Alexandre III, and the historic Pont Neuf, the oldest bridge in Paris
As you walk, you will learn of the city’s incredible history, from its beginnings as a medieval village, to the capital of Napoleonic Rule, from the beheadings of the French Revolution, to the excitement of La Belle Epoque, and not forgetting the years of Nazi Occupation, to the secrets of today's Paname.
The free walking tour covers all the main city sites, such as the beautiful grounds of the Louvre. You will walk along the banks of the River Seine, and through the bohemian Latin Quarter, with its lively bistros and cafés. Go to the origin of Paris at the Ile-de-la-Cité, the island where the medieval city began. Pass the Louvre, one of the most famous museums in the world. Gaze up at the Eiffel Tower, built for the 1889 World Fair and now the ultimate emblem of Paris.
Wander through the pretty Tuileries Gardens, and past the city's historic bridges, such as the ornate Pont Alexandre III connecting the Champs-Élysées and Les Invalides. Explore revolutionary history at Napoleon's Tomb and the Arc de Triomphe, erected to honor those who fought in the Napoleonic Wars. And admire the Beaux-Arts splendors of the Grand & Petit Palais, celebrations of the glories of the new French Republic.
- Fun walk through Paris
- Pickup and drop-off at accommodation
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide in front of the fountain at Place Saint-Michel in the Latin Quarter. To get there, take Metro Line 4 to Saint-Michel and exit the station at Fontaine Saint-Michel, or take the RER B or RER C to Saint-Michel Notre-Dame and exit the station at Quai St. Michel. Walk one block south (away from the river) to Place St. Michel. Be sure to look for the guides wearing red t-shirts and carrying red umbrellas!Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The price of pre-booking this tour online is for covering the administrative cost
• The tour does not enter any museums or other specific sites, as this would lengthen the tour and disrupt the flow of information. The price of the tour does not include entrance into these sites
• This tour is wheelchair accessible.
• Your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group