Paris at Christmas: Festive Shopping Past and Present
- Learn about French Christmas traditions and festivities from a local Parisian
- Discover the charming covered passages full of tiny boutiques and cafés
- Window shop at some of the most famous stores in Paris
- See the famous glass dome and Christmas tree of the Galeries Lafayette
- Discover a gourmet food lover's paradise full of festive French specialties
See the beautiful and extremely fashionable Palais Royal. Explore its arcades full of history, chic stores, and bijou pastry shops. You will also pass by the magnificent Opera Garnier and hear the story of its infamous Phantom. Then it’s back onto the bustling Parisian boulevards, to visit the Galeries Lafayette, which is one of the most splendid old department stores in Paris. It is renowned for its dazzling glass dome and the imaginative spectacular Christmas tree that is installed under it each year. French children come here to gaze at the wonderful window displays, join them and be enchanted by the holiday magic.
End your tour at a fine gourmet food store, where you will be able to see, taste, and buy all sorts of typical French Christmas delicacies, both sweet and savory. Join the locals as they shop for their festive tables and immerse yourself in a truly Parisian holiday season.
- Guided two-hour walking tour
- English-speaking tour guide
- Small group with 15 people or less
- Pick up or drop-off at your accommodation
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
The Palais Royal Musée du Louvre metro exit on Place Colette. In front of the Comedie Française, 12 Place Colette, 75001 Paris. The metro exit is made of large, colored glass beads and is very visible.Open in Google Maps ⟶