Paris: Eiffel Tower Guided Climb with Optional Summit Access
- Climb the 704 steps up to the second level
- See a side of the Eiffel Tower that you would miss from the elevator
- Hear interesting stories about Gustave Eiffel and his most famous creation
- Admire the bird's eye perspective of Paris from above
- Upgrade to access the Summit after your guided climb
Upon arrival at the first level, take a well-earned break. Stand on the new glass floor, and experience the world of the tower via a multimedia interactive exhibit and short film, if time permits. Grab your "Follow Gus" booklet to enjoy some fun for the whole family, or enjoy a snack or rest before you continue on your way.
En route to the second level, hear little-known fun facts about the tower's original color, twinkling lights, and individuals who made history with their daredevil stunts. Upon arrival at the second level, experience a unique sense of accomplishment, and take in the bird's eye views of all the sights surrounding you. Get a panoramic tour of Paris from above as your guide tells you about monuments and districts such as Montparnasse, Les Invalides, the Sacre-Coeur, Notre Dame, the Louvre Museum, the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Élysées.
If you purchase the Summit Access option, you will purchase a ticket for the lift to the tower's summit and continue your adventure on your own. Once there, see Gustave Eiffel’s office, restored to its original condition along with panoramic maps. Go to the Champagne Bar and treat yourself to some bubbles in the sky. When you are ready, simply take the elevator back down to street level and continue with your day.
Please note that there is often a wait to clear the security line, as this is unavoidable please arrive in due time. There can be a wait for the line to climb the stairs during the busy season. However, this wait will be far shorter than the wait for the elevators. Please note that the earliest morning option has the least waiting time. Please do expect to wait for later times. Wait time will vary. For the least amount of wait, please select the 8:45 AM or 9:15 AM option. In the event that the Summit is closed, you will be offered a tour and access to the second level. You will be refunded for the price difference between the two options.
- English-speaking guide
- Elevator ride back down
- Entrance ticket to the Eiffel Tower
- Ticket to the summit (if option booked)
- Elevator ticket to go up the Eiffel Tower
- Ticket to the summit (if option not booked)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive 30 minutes before tour start time. Meet at the South Security Entrance of the Eiffel Tower (Allée des Refuzniks, 75007 Paris). Your concierge will be holding up a bright yellow flag that says Guided Eiffel TourOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• This activity operates regardless of the weather conditions and please dress accordingly
• Please note, there will be longer wait time during the busy high season both for the security check and stairs entry
• Summit access may be subject to last minute closures according to safety measures or maintenance at the Eiffel Tower. In the case of closure of the Summit, the portion of your tour price for the upgrade will be refunded if you have booked the option that includes Summit access
• The earliest morning option will have the shortest waiting time