Notre-Dame and Ile de la Cité Tour with Sainte Chapelle
- Visit Notre-Dame Cathedral, one of France’s most iconic monuments
- Enter Sainte Chapelle without delay with your skip-the-line access ticket
- Enjoy interesting and informative commentary from your expert English-speaking guide
On this 2.5-hour tour you’ll hear about gruesome history, revolutionary rivalries, and romantic interludes as your English-speaking guide entertains and educates you with colorful expert commentary.
Then, with your guide, you’ll visit the visually stunning Notre-Dame Cathedral, admiring its Gothic style and flying buttresses. See for yourself why Victor Hugo chose this monument as the setting for his widely-acclaimed novel, The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Soaring spires reach toward the sky as looming gargoyles pierce you with stony eyes. Listen to the powerful sounds of the monumental organ and the tower bells, as you hear the intriguing backstory of how this captivating cathedral came to be.
Your guide will tell you about the history and mysteries forever captured within these walls, from days of antiquity to the present. Once you’ve explored the interior of the impressive edifice, you’ll continue to nearby Sainte Chapelle, where you’ll be whisked past the crowds with your skip-the-line access and straight into this hidden wonder of Paris.
Another Gothic masterpiece, this former chapel of King Louis IX, also known as Saint Louis, was built in 1248. It features over 6,500 square feet of 13th-century stained glass, the majority of the originals having been recently restored. Dazzling in color, this is a sparkling Parisian gem not to be missed.
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Sainte Chapelle admission ticket and skip-the-line access
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- Food and beverages
When you get there
Meet at the statue of Henri IV in the middle of Pont Neuf, at the western end of Ile de la cite. Pont Neuf is the bridge that links Ile de la Cite to both the left and right banks of the river. The statue is of a man on a horse in the middle of the bridge. Nearest Metro: Pont Neuf (7) or Cite (4).Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Extra security measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, you may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, it is strongly recommended that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. Please note that all bags taken into the Sainte Chapelle will be scanned and any sharp or metal instruments will be confiscated by security staff on site
• It is not possible to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. This also applies to strollers or baby carriages
• Admission to religious sites is subject to a strict dress code. Both men and women must have their knees and shoulders covered. The supplier cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress