From Paris: Day Trip to Champagne with 8 Tastings & Lunch
Pickup includedYour hotel in central Paris (if not centrally located, pickup and drop-off in any central Paris location)
- Visit 3 Champagne houses including a world famous one and two small traditional champagne houses
- Enjoy a typical French lunch paired with Champagne at the house of the winemaker or a local restaurant
- Walk along the Avenue de Champagne in Epernay, visit Hautvillers (Dom Perignon’s village) and enjoy a panoramic view over the vineyard
- Spend an unforgettable moment during a masterclass in the heart of the vineyard
- Taste 8 different Champagnes during the day
Epernay (champagne house)
Champagne (champagne tasting)
Once you arrive in Champagne, you'll start your day with a visit to a very prestigious Estate (Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot, Mercier etc. depending on supplier availability). Discover never-ending galleries filled with bottles and of course, finish the guided-tour with a tasting.
Back in your air-conditioned minivan, admire the landscapes and stop in the heart of the vineyard to enjoy a masterclass led by your wine expert guide. He will teach you the basis of the wine professional tasting. Then you will practice by enjoying a special cuvee.
Next stop is for lunch in a family-run champagne House or at a local restaurant (depending on availability). You will have the chance to taste several glasses of champagne and ratafias (another local wine), paired with local food. Blanc de Blancs, Blanc de Noirs, Champagne Rosé… what would you pair them with?
After lunch, enjoy a digestive tour through the vineyard of the Côte des Blancs and Vallée de la Marne. Learn the characteristics of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier, and enjoy amazing views over the vineyard. Get ready to take some pictures! Your guide will drive you to Hautvillers, a typical French village, home of the legendary Dom Perignon.
Last but not least, visit another family-run winery where you will learn the art of sabrage or disgorgement “à la volée” (a technique for opening a champagne bottle), depending on availability. Taste several delicious champagnes before heading back to Paris, where you will be dropped off in a central, well connected area.
- Visit to 3 Champagne houses, each followed by a tasting
- Champagne and food pairing lunch
- Transport from Paris (your hotel if centrally located or from a meeting point) in an air-conditioned comfortable minivan (8 passengers max)
- English-speaking driver guide sharing knowledge and anecdotes
- Authentic masterclass led by your wine expert/guide in the vines (depending on weather conditions from April)
- Hotel drop off
Prepare for the activity
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements
• In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible. There are lots of stairs to access the underground galleries
• Caves and wine cellars are usually quite cold and damp (45 °F / 10 °C): do not forget to bring warm clothes with you