Panama: Panama Canal, Colón Rainforest and San Lorenzo Fort
Pickup includedPick-up possible from any hotel in the Panama City areas of Coastway Amador, San Felipe, Balboa Avenue, 50 Avenue and Via España. Pick-up from hotels outside these areas is subject to an additional fee.
- See the native wildlife of a Caribbean rainforest
- Learn the history of San Lorenzo Fort
- Visit the Panama Canal expansion at Agua Clara
Upon arrival, board a ferry for the 20-minute crossing to a rainforest, and then get back to nature as you explore the ecological paradise by minibus. Discover the home to 159 different species of mammals, 98 species of reptiles and 65 amphibious species. Observe the amazing wildlife in their natural habitat, and enjoy plenty of stops to take souvenir photos.
Next, go to the historic monument of San Lorenzo Fort, renowned for preventing attacks by the real pirates of the Caribbean for almost 75 years! Learn the history of the fort, now in ruins after the Spanish largely abandoned it in the mid 19th century. Continue to Agua Clara to spend about 45 minutes learning about the new canal system, built to support the passage of super tankers and large cargo ships as they pass along the Panama Canal.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan or minibus
- Professional driver
- Soda, water or local beer
- Fresh local fruit
- Entrance fee to San Lorenzo National Park
- Entrance fee to the Panama Canal expansion
Prepare for the activity
• This tour may be operated by a multilingual guide
• Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
• Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and bring a towel, sunscreen, your sunglasses, insect repellent and a camera