Palermo 3-Hour Street Food and History Walking Tour
- Taste 5 typical Street Foods, arancine, panelle, crocché, sfincione and a cannolo
- Enjoy a walk through Palermo and admire the Capo Market, the Piazza Beati Paoli, the Cathedral, the Quattro Canti and Pretoria fountain
- Learn about local culture, history, and food traditions from your guide
The walk will also provide an opportunity to taste some specialties of Palermo. Some of the particular tastes of street food you might enjoy include sfincione (dough topped with onion, bread crumbs, tomato, and oregano), panelle (fried chickpea flour), crocché (potato croquettes), arancine (rice croquettes stuffed with meat or butter), and cannolo (crunchy shell with sweet-cheese). If you want you can ask to taste the bread with “meusa” (bread with spleen).
You can ask also availability of tour in Italian language.
- 5 street food tastings
- Dessert tasting of cannoli
- 1 drink (a beer, a glass of wine, water or cola)
- Professional tour guide
- Visit to Capo market
- Visit to the Cathedral of Palermo
- Pick-up at 10:00 AM for cruise passengers (on request)
- Museum admission fees
Prepare for the activity
At 10:30 AM in Piazza Olivella, in front of the entrance of the Salinas Archeological Museum, 100 meters from the Massimo Theater. For cruise passengers, at 10:00 AM in front of the IBIS Hotel, 100 meters just outside the port (on request).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• You should bring sunglasses, a hat, and a small bottle of water in the summertime
• Please contact the supplier if you would like the tour to start at an alternate time, or for any other requests
• A minimum of 2 adults are required for each free child
• Tour in Italian language on request
• For cruise passengers there is a pickup at 10:00 AM just outside the port. If your cruise ship arrives later, an alternative pickup time can be organized.