3-Hour Palermo Segway PT Authorized Tour
- Experience Palermo's amazing variety of cultures
- Travel with ease through a history that began with the Phoenicians
- Trace the successive influences of the Greeks, Romans, Saracens and Normans
- See Italy's largest opera house, and churches and palaces in a wealth of styles
Early in the tour we pass the Teatro Massimo, Italy's largest opera house. Then you step back to the time of the Saracens as we cross the Arab-flavored Capo Market toward the cathedral, built in the 1100s but renovated in various styles through the centuries since.
Further on, the Norman Palace recalls the time after the Saracens. It and the Bishop's Palace overlook Piazza della Vittoria and Villa Bonano, where traces of the old Roman city are preserved. Little remains from the time of Greek dominance or from the Phoenicians who founded the city.
Palaces and churches, Town Hall Square with the Pretoria Fountain, Garibaldi Gardens and the fascinating Castello a Mare, or "castle in the sea" -- you will be amazed at all that Palermo has to offer.
- 3-hour Segway PT rental, including 30 minute orientation
- Ponchos, in case of rain
- Use of helmet (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance tickets
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children under 16 years
- Pregnant women
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Please meet at the exact location shown on the map. Your guide will be at the meeting point with the Segways. Your guide will be waiting in front of the Ibis Hotel. GPS coordinates 38°07'42.1"N 13°21'41.6"E.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• Segways are appropriate for virtually anyone, however riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
• This activity is not recommended for pregnant women
• This tour operates in all weather conditions