Kerikeri 3-Hour Sightseeing Tour From Paihia
- Discover significant New Zealand history in Kerikeri
- Visit Kerikeri Stone Store and Mission House
- Sample the local drop at Ake Ake Vineyard
- Taste locally made chocolate at Makana Chocolate Factory
- Enjoy lively commentary from your expert guide
Upon arrival in Kerikeri, journey back in time and visit the iconic Kerikeri Stone Store and Kemp House. Offering a unique shopping experience and an interactive story space, learn about the significance of the stone store for early settlers who used it as a trading post, library, barracks, school and general store. Then head to Kemp House, New Zealand’s oldest building; stroll the English-style cottage gardens and orchards while listening to tales of the first missionaries to arrive in New Zealand. Inside the building, see furniture and personal items which have been preserved over the years.
Return to the present day as your tour continues to Ake Ake Vineyard where you’ll have the opportunity to sample organically grown wines. This family run boutique operation is located in a rural setting just outside of Kerikeri and produces Chambourcin, Pinot Gris, Syrah, Chardonnay, Tempranillo and Sauvignon Blanc. Tour the vineyard and see how the grapes are grown before sampling the local drop.
Your tour of Kerikeri concludes with a visit to the Makana Chocolate Factory where you can see chocolates, truffles, caramels and toffees being made by hand, then taste samples and shop for gifts.
- 3-hour sightseeing tour
- Vineyard tour and wine tasting
- Chocolate tasting
- Engaging commentary from your driver
- Additional food and drinks