Oxford: Christchurch Harry Potter Film Locations Tour
- Get an insight into life at one of the world's oldest universities
- See many of Oxford's most famous colleges on the route to Christ Church & where open, see inside the Divinity school (Harry Potter) film site
- Learn about colorful characters, such as Lewis Carroll, author of "Alice in Wonderland"
- See inside Christ Church - Oxford's most famous attraction - a Harry Potter film site and home of "Alice in Wonderland"
Access permitting, you will also see inside another Harry Potter film site, the Divinity school at the famous Bodleian Library, one of the oldest libraries in Europe. Find out all about the history behind the story of 'Alice in Wonderland' and the making of Hogwarts on this tour. Available daily at 10:30 AM, except Sundays (as Christchurch is closed on Sunday mornings).
On any dates when Christ Church may be closed, this tour will visit the inside of New College, another great Hogwarts film site, instead. If this happens you also have the option to reschedule for a different tour or a different date.
On this tour, you will visit 2 of the 3 film sites (where and when access is permitted). While you may visit Divinity School, you will not visit inside the medieval library as it is not open to private guides. The dining hall is closed on October 11th, October 19th, and the afternoon of December 20th 2019. There will be dining hall viewing from the door only on Septmber 8th, September 14th, October 4th, and the morning of December 20th 2019. Over Christmas, the dining hall is closed daily from December 21st to January 1st but the rest of the tour is still running. The Divinity School is closed on September 14th, 27th, 28th, November 1st, 2nd, and 9th 2019. On Saturday mornings, Christchurch Gall is rarely open but the tour runs anyway as it's not a film site.
- Entrance to Christ Church (£9-10 per person)
- Entrance to the Divinity School film site and the Bodleian Library, when it's open (£2 per person)
- Christchurch tickets
- Skip the line Christchurch tickets (subject to availability)
- Map of Oxford city center colleges, attractions, and sights
- Entrance to any colleges not on the tour route when an entrance fee is required and entrance has not been pre arranged
Prepare for the activity
Outside Oxford Visitor Information Center, 5-16 Broad St, Oxford OX1 3AS, UK. It is essential that these tours leave on time as there is a fixed arrival time tickets at Christchurch and if you arrive too late, the dining hall may be closed.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• In high season online tickets can sell out 1 week in advance so the tour will have to queue to buy tickets on the door
• Divinity School (the second film site at the Bodleian library) can close suddenly with no advance notice so entrance to the Divinity school can never be guaranteed
• Divinity School is always closed on graduation dates, which are August 2 and 3, September 14, 27, and 28, November 1, 2, and 9, 2019, and January 18, February 29, and May 2 and 9, 2020
• There is no tour on December 25