Discover Oxford: City & Countryside Cycling Tour
- Escape the city crowds to see Oxford on two wheels, like the locals do
- Enjoy the view while cycling down the Thames River cycle path to a historic village
- Take a leisurely ride to visit a picturesque village with traditional thatched cottages and see inside an early medieval church
- Relax on an optional garden pub stop
Depart from Oxford on a 3-hour cycle tour, and follow a relaxing scenic route along the Thames River path to visit a picturesque village with thatched cottages, a medieval church, and scenic views. You then continue on a 1.5 to 2-hour walking tour that will introduce you to the sights of Oxford city sights, including visits inside the university colleges.
It is also possible to schedule a pub stop for refreshments and, regardless of the route, you can gain insight into how a boat trip along this route in 1862 inspired Lewis Carroll's story-telling of 'Alice in Wonderland'.
- Guided tour plus bicycle
- Complementary detailed map of Oxford city center colleges, attractions, sights and cycle routes
Prepare for the activity
• There is an extra charge for infants unless you bring your own bicycle with a child seat
• Please advise when booking if you require the parent bike with a child seat tandem bike (there is only 1 available)
• The bikes should fit those between 1.3 and 6.3 meters (4 foot 2 inches and 6 foot 3 inches)
• Please note that there is a limited number of bikes for those between 1.3 and 1.5 meters (4 foot 2 inches and 5 foot 1 inch)
• If you begin your tour at 10:00 AM you will be finished by approximately 2:00 PM
• If you begin your tour at 12:30 AM you will be finished by approximately 5:30 PM