Rome: Ostia Antica Half Day Small Group Tour with Guide
- Enjoy a half day trip and tour of Ostia Antica, the Ancient Harbour City of Rome
- Experience a truly intimate and personalised tour with a small group of only 6 people
- Learn from your professional expert guide
- Discover what life was like for the ancient Romans
- Retrace the steps of time as you wander around one of the most powerful sites of the Roman Empire
Discover some of Ostia Antica’s most impressive features, such as the Baths of Neptune, which house an impressively preserved mosaic of Neptune, the God of the sea. Next, make your way through the Forum of Corporations, which was the center of commerce and trade in Rome during the time of Emperor Augustus. Continue onto the impressive Ostia Antica Amphitheater, which once held up to 3,500 onlookers and hear about the events that used to be held here and the rich history of the site.
Retrace the steps of history and listen to your guide bring the past to life as you learn how advanced the Roman Empire was in both commerce and engineering, and how it helped shaped modern times. Peak into ancient storefronts, and witness how the Romans managed to have complex systems bringing both hot and cold water into their buildings.
This small group tour gives you a deeper understanding into the network that helped foster the success of the iconic Roman Empire, and how this major trade site allowed Rome to feed its ever-increasing population. Ostia Antica is an archaeological wonder that will leave you educated and impressed, it is surely not a sight to be missed.
- Half day tour of Ostia Antica
- Train Tickets to and from Ostia from Rome City Centre
- Small group of only 6 people
- Professional local expert guide.
Prepare for the activity
Train Station Roma Ostia Lido, directly across from the Pyramid in Piazzale Ostiense and directly beside the Piramide Metro stop. Your guide will be holding a LivItaly Tours sign.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• As we accept bookings in multiples of six, math doesn’t always work in our favor to help accommodate individual travellers and their families when on the same tour, so we hope you understand and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause