Orlando: Kennedy Space Center and Airboat Tour
- Take a 30 minute airboat ride to discover the flora and fauna of nearby swamps, including alligators in their natural habitat
- Enjoy a day of fun for the whole family at Kennedy Space Center
- Ride the Virtual Space Shuttle Launch Experience simulator
- Meet a real astronaut and walk underneath the enormous Saturn V rocket
- Relive memories of the Space Shuttle Atlantis in all its spectacular glory
The center also includes the space shuttle Atlantis, bringing visitors nose-to-nose with the priceless Atlantis spacecraft as only astronauts have seen it before. More than 60 interactive, touchscreen experiences and high-tech simulators bring to life the people, passion and patriotism behind NASA’s 30-year space shuttle program, as well as the complexity of the engineering marvel that launched the Hubble Space Telescope and built the International Space Station (ISS).
Guests can practice docking to the ISS; extract cargo from the payload bay; create sonic booms and glide to a landing on the re-entry slide; experience the sensation of floating in space; explore a high-fidelity replica of the ISS; experience an orbital sunrise; take the helm at the shuttle cockpit, and much more.
On your airboat ride, glide through the grassy marsh of the St. Johns River and Lake Poinsett at speeds of up to 45 miles per hour. As the boat slows down to an idle you will have several opportunities to take pictures of local wildlife, such as alligators, eagles, and several species of wading birds by the hundreds. You will also visit a natural cypress swamp.
- Round trip transportation (with pick-ups from Orlando, Lake Buena Vista, Kissimmee, Universal Orlando Resort and Walt Disney World)
- Entrance ticket to the Kennedy Space Center
- Exclusive Space Shuttle Atlantis tour (guided)
- Bus tour to Vehicle Assembly Building and Mobile Rocket Launch Platform (guided)
- Shuttle launch experience
- Full access to the Kennedy Space Center visitors complex
- 30-minute airboat ride on the St Johns River
- Optional gratuities
- Food and beverages
When you get there
Meeting points: Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa - 7:25 AM, Wild Side Bar and Grill - 7:30 AM, Disney Swan Hotel - 7:45 AM, Firehouse Subs at Crossroads - 7:50 AM, Universal Bus Loop - 8:00 AM, Rosen Inn International - 8:05 AM, Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - 8:10 AM, Senor Frogs - 8:15 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Security information: certain items are not permitted on NASA property. Please review the security information before your visit