Kennedy Space Center Tour and Dine with an Astronaut
- Enjoy a buffet lunch with an astronaut from NASA's shuttle & rocket program
- Take a guided bus tour to the Vehicle Assembly Building & Mobile Rocket Launch Pad
- Make the most of an exclusive tour of the Space Shuttle Atlantis by a NASA Guidestronaut from NASA's Astronaut Corps
- Discover what it's like to blast off into space at the Virtual Shuttle Launch Experience
- Take a guided tour of the Rocket Garden by NASA Guide
- Play with more than 60 interactive exhibits and flight simulators
- Watch eye-opening 3D IMAX movies
- Explore the Apollo/Saturn V Rocket Center
Walk beneath a massive moon rocket and climb aboard the shuttle launch. See space shuttle launch pads from a 4-story observation gantry. Relive Neil Armstrong’s first steps on the moon, and meet a real astronaut as you stroll through the Rocket Garden on the way to watching eye-popping IMAX® space films.
Your ticket now includes (at no extra cost) the Space Shuttle Atlantis experience, a showcase of the priceless spacecraft that tells the story of NASA’s 30-year Space Shuttle Program. It is displayed as only spacewalking astronauts have seen her before - with payload bay doors open as if it were floating in space.
Play with more than 60 interactive, touch-screen exhibits and high-tech simulators that invite you to “be the astronaut.” Marvel at the people, passion and patriotism behind NASA’s Space Shuttle Program. Marvel as the complexity of the engineering that launched the Hubble Space Telescope and built the International Space Station (ISS) are brought to life.
Conduct a virtual EVA (Extravehicular Activity) maneuver, and practice docking to the ISS. Extract cargo from the payload bay, create sonic booms, or glide to a landing on the Re-entry Slide. Experience the sensation of floating in space. Virtually mate Atlantis to the external tank, or kick up a virtual chemical reaction to launch the shuttle. Get an “X-ray view” of Atlantis’ interior. Experience an orbital sunrise. Strap in to the sights, sounds and sensations of a shuttle launch, and take the helm at the shuttle cockpit.
Before the 3…2…1…countdown, grab the opportunity to sit down to a delicious buffet lunch with an astronaut from NASA’s Astronaut Corps. Limited seating gives everyone a chance to ask questions, get autographs, and have their picture taken. Share the excitement of space exploration through the eyes and personal stories of one of NASA’s best!
- Entrance to the Kennedy Space Center
- Atlantis tour
- Shuttle launch experience
- Bus tour of the Kennedy Space Center
- Lunch with an astronaut
When you get there
Please meet at one of the the following meeting points at the stated time: Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa - 7:25 AM; Wild Side Bar & Grill - 7:30 AM; Disney Swan Hotel - 7:45 AM; Firehouse Subs at the crossroads - 7:50 AM; Universal Bus Loop - 8:00 AM; Rosen Inn International - 8:05 AM; Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - 8:10 AM; Senor Frogs - 8:15 AM.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Electronic translator systems are available for hire