Oahu: Half-Day East Oahu Shoreline Tour
Pickup includedWaikiki, Ala Moana, Kahala, and the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport area
- See the "Beverly Hills" of Hawaii where beautiful mansions adorn Kahala's beaches and Diamond Head's slopes
- Experience the tallest volcanic landmark on the east shore, Koko Head, rising 1,208 feet
- Visit ocean geysers and the beach where From Here to Eternity and Pirates of the Caribbean IV were filmed
- View one of the most photographed places in Hawai'i, Hanauma Bay, the place where Elvis was filmed in Blue Hawaii
- See beautiful panoramic views from high atop the Pali Lookout, site of the ancient Hawaiian Battle of Nu'uanu
The perfect afternoon begins on the slopes of the famous Diamond Head. Enjoy the views along the island’s stunning eastern coastline and the crystal clear waters of Hanauma Bay, sheltered in the remains of an ancient volcanic crater. Your guide will be happy to show you ancient lava fields descending into the sea and Halona Blowhole, a natural wonder where lava tubes meet the crashing surf, and geysers of water burst forth from the dark rocks in syncopation with the waves. Take in some of the island’s most beautiful beaches, including Sandy Beach, Makapuʻu, Waimanalo and Sherwood Forest.
Next, you will turn towards Oahu’s lushly green Koʻolau Mountain Range and begin the ascent. Find yourself high atop the Nuʻuanu Pali Lookout. Secluded valleys and misty peaks stretch all around you. The wind is fierce as you look out from the spectacular and historic viewpoint, here your guide will tell you of ancient Hawaiian battles fiercely fought. Then head back towards Honolulu, through mountain rain forests fragrant with tropical flowers.
- Pick-up and drop off from hotels in Waikiki, Kahala, Ala Moana and the area near Daniel K. Inouye International Airport
- Meals and drinks
Prepare for the activity
• Halona Blowhole, Waimanalo beaches and Sandy Beach are drive bys
• Swimming is not allowed
• The tour can be driven either clockwise or counterclockwise