Empire State Building General Skip The Ticket Line
- Skip the ticket line and go to the 86th floor Observation Deck of the Empire State Building
- Look out on New York City from 1,050 feet above the bustling streets below
- See panoramic views of up to five states from the surrounding open-air promenade or from the climate controlled viewing galleries
- Take in the whole Empire State Building Experience, including the newly renovated Art Deco lobby
- Download the multilingual audio visual guide
- Enjoy the benefit of a flexible voucher redemption policy. You can make your visit whenever you like, within a month of your scheduled ticket date
- Plan your visit around the weather
The Empire State Building is more than a spectacular view. It’s an immersive experience inside a world famous landmark. In addition to the Observation Decks, your visit includes the newly restored lobby with its stunning art deco ceiling murals, the historical Dare To Dream Exhibit, and the Sustainability Exhibit.
The Empire State Building's 86th Floor Observation Deck is the Highest Open-Air Observatory in New York. This has been the setting of dozens of movie and television scenes, as well as tens of millions of unforgettable personal moments. Relive cinematic moments from movies such as King Kong and Sleepless in Seattle while you're at the top! The Observation Deck features a glass enclosed pavilion as well as an open-air promenade which wraps around the building’s spire, providing 360-degree views of New York and beyond. From up here you’ll get one-of-a-kind views of Central Park, The Hudson River and East River, The Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, The Statue of Liberty, and much more. The official Observatory Experience app teaches you about your view from every direction. Then take advantage of high-powered binoculars to get a closer look.
Your entrance also includes a new downloadable multimedia experience (free WiFi is available in the building), available in 8 languages. The app also includes videos, image galleries, quizzes, and maps showing nearby points of interest.
THE BUILDING LOBBY:
This recently restored Art Deco Historic Landmark Lobby features ceiling murals which pays homage to the mechanical age, planets and stars, all rendered as an assembly line of gears in 24-karat gold and aluminum leaf. On the wall in the Fifth Avenue lobby is one of the most famous images in New York City, a depiction of the building itself with beams of lights radiating from the mast.
DARE TO DREAM EXHIBIT:
This exhibit chronicles the Planning and Construction of the World’s Most Famous Building and captures the building’s history, engineering and construction, paying tribute to the pioneering work of the architects, builders, and laborers of the day. Here you’ll find original documents including period photographs, architectural sketches, construction notes, and daily bookkeeping documents.
in 2009, the Empire State Building began an award-winning sustainability retrofit. Upon completion of the program, ESB will reduce total energy usage by more than 38 percent, energy costs by $4.4 million annually, and carbon emissions by 105,000 metric tons over the next 15 years! The exhibit showcases the state-of-the-art technology and processes that went into the overhaul in a fun, comprehensible way, sure to inspire visitors of all ages.
- Barcoded ticket - allowing you to skip the ticket line
- Access to the 86th Floor Observation Deck
- Art Deco Lobby
- Dare to Dream" Exhibit
- Sustainability" Exhibit
- High-power binoculars on 86th Floor
- Audio guide (app download)
- Free WiFi in the building
- This ticket does not let you skip the security or elevator lines
When you get there
20 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001. Enjoy observatory-exclusive entry as you make your way to the view. The following buses stop at the Empire State Building: M1, M2, M4, M5, M6, M7, M16, M34Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Peak entrance times are between 11:00 and 14:00, as well as 1 hour before and 1 hour after sunset
• Mobile vouchers are accepted
• Tickets are valid for 1 entry to the Empire State Building any day within 1 month either side of your chosen scheduled ticket date
• All guests must pass through security to access the Observatory
• 102nd Floor Observatory: Upgrade available at Observatory ticket office (2nd floor) or 86th floor kiosk
• The Empire State Building is fully ADA compliant and is wheelchair-accessible. Service dogs, motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs are permitted
• Free entry for children under 6 years old