Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Early Access Tour
- Catch an early ferry to the Statue of Liberty for a tour before the crowds arrive
- Climb to the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty for impressive views of Manhattan
- Experience the process immigrants to America went through on Ellis Island
- Learn about the memorials of Battery Park
- Stay on Ellis Island to explore at leisure, or return to the mainland with your guide
- Walk the Stairs of Separation at Ellis Island Immigration Museum
Meet your guide for a little context of the sites around Battery Park. See memorials that many tourists miss, and hear stories about Castle Clinton National Monument, Pier A Harbor House, the American Merchant Mariner’s Memorial, the Sphere, and New York Korean War Veteran’s Memorial.
Then, take the ferry to Liberty Island, enjoying priority boarding to get the best seats. Arrive at the Statue of Liberty before the crowds for stunning views back over the city. Follow your guide up to the pedestal, getting closer to “Lady Liberty” than on a regular visit.
Learn how she was gifted to the US by France, and designed by their finest architects, including Gustav Eiffel. Hear how she wasn’t as warmly received as you might think, and about the struggle that got her on her feet and made her special to the people of New York.
Climb back on the ferry to cross to Ellis Island. Follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants, and learn about the process they went through to settle in America. Walk the Stairs of Separation to understand the island’s 2 very different names: “The Island of Hope” and “The Island of Tears.” Explore the museum’s impressive collection of interactive displays.
Feel free to stay on Ellis Island a little longer to explore at leisure, or head back to the mainland with your guide by ferry.
- Local guide
- Tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Museum
- Pedestal tickets for the Statue of Liberty
- All ferry tickets between Battery Park, the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island
- Priority ferry boarding from Battery Park to the Statue of Liberty
- Statue of Liberty Crown
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
When you get there
Meet your guide at the front entrance of Pier A Harbor House, 22 Battery Place (to the right of the Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle Clinton) Directions by taxi: Tell your driver to drop you off at Pier A Harbor House, Battery Park, near the Statue of Liberty ferry Directions by subway: Take Line 4 or 5 to Bowling Green, or Lines 1 or R to Rector Street. Walk towards the water. Pier A Harbor House is to the right of the Statue of Liberty ferry and Castle ClintonOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty, and such items will be confiscated and not returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items
• Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bag, you will be required to put your bag(s) into a locker at a cost of $2, payable in bills only (no coins accepted). Please be sure to have dollar bills for the lockers
• This tour is offered in English only
• Please note, early access to Statue of Liberty and arrival before the crowds is only applicable if 8:30 AM/9:00 AM departure is selected