New York Lower East Side Food Tour
- Savor mouthwatering food from century old authentic Jewish delis and bakeries
- Visit an old-fashioned candy store serving the neighborhood since 1937
- Discover the funky mix of trendy boutiques, mom-and-pop shops, and cozy cafes
- Explore the Lower East Side's historic tenement buildings and synagogues
On this 3-hour tour of the Lower East Side, you will eat your way through the streets, sampling delicacies from New York's premier appetizing shop, ethnic eateries, and "mom and pop" restaurants.
Flavorful food specialties are served from: (subject to change)
• Yonah Schimmel’s Knish Bakery - (Est. 1910)
• Russ & Daughter’s - NYC’s premier appetizing shop (Est. 1914)
• Katz’s Delicatessen - The best delicatessen in New York (Est. 1888)
• Kossar's Bialys - The oldest bialy bakery in the United States (Est. 1936)
• The Pickle Guys - Pickles made the old-fashioned way. Try a new, half sour or full sour pickle. Pucker up! (Est. 2002)
• Doughnut Plant - Unique flavors and a mouthwatering family recipe (Est. 1994)
• North Dumpling - Authentic handmade northern Chinese dumplings
• Economy Candy - Stocking all types of candy, nuts & dried fruit from floor-to-ceiling.
"Noshers' paradise of the Lower East Side." (Est. 1937)
Behind every great food establishment in this city, there is an equally great story of history, tradition and even innovation. You will discover these amazing histories while tasting what has made these eateries so prized among locals.
- All food tastings
- One bottle of water
Prepare for the activity
The tour will meet in front of the Yonah Schimmel Knish Bakery located at 137 East Houston St, New York (10002). he closest subway stop is the 2nd Ave stop on the F train. You can also take the B,D,F,M to Broadway-Lafayette St and walk East along E Houston. If you are lost or running late, please call us at 877-568-6877.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Please dress casually and wear comfortable shoes or sneakers