New York City: Sunday Harlem Gospel Tour
- Experience the charm of Harlem's neighborhoods with a local guide
- See the famous sights of 125th Street
- Discover legendary venues such as the Apollo Theater and Cotton Club
- Get uplifted at an authentic gospel service
Hear how public transportation and real estate made Harlem a fashionable district for those fleeing congested Lower Manhattan. Learn about the arrival of African Americans from the southern states during the Great Migration, and how they formed communities to collectively address economic, political and social issues.
Pass landmarks such as Columbia University, the Cotton Club and Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, to name just a few. Discover where Duke Ellington lived on 125th Street, and then join a local congregation for their Sunday service and experience the uplifting power of gospel music.
- Sightseeing tour of Harlem
- Gospel service in a local church
- Gratuities for the guide
Prepare for the activity
• Filming and photography during the service is not permitted
• Guides are available in 5 different languages
• The English tour departs at 09:30 AM. The French, German, Spanish and Italian tours depart at 09:00 AM